Wednesday, September 05, 2012

New year, new start, new energy

It's a time of new energy, and not just from taking a few minutes out to watch the Big Dog's inspiring nomination speech this evening.

Even things that take time are energizing.

We have some new administrators at Northern Clime, and there's a sense of hope and change. People are energized at meetings, and more gets accomplished at them since there's a clear direction.

I volunteered for some committees and am--yes--excited about serving on them. Part of the reason for this is that I get to talk to colleagues about things I care about, and finding opportunities to talk to people is a pleasure after a summer of talking to the cats.

I'm excited about the new course I'm teaching despite the extra time and reading that it takes, and I'm working on innovative ways to refresh and enliven the courses I've already taught.

Dame Eleanor's writing group is energizing lots of us, myself included.

And talk about energizing: the  Madwoman with a Laptop has a fabulous theory workbook plan for students that will make you rethink what you want to do for spring semester.





No comments: